Centuries stolen from us, time that would’ve made Africa one of the most established continents in the world. Instead, time was used to degrade the authenticity of Africa, while extracting that which wasn’t theirs. It isn’t late for us to revitalize our continent. I’m aware of the obstacles we face but, in time we’ll unite and divert from the colonial ways of doing. For now, I will utilize my upcoming years to unlearn 22 years of misinformation. I am taken back my stolen years, Join me!

Dec 24, 2010

Senegal Tu Me Manque!!!

One of a Kind

I woke to the noise from an airplane and heat penetrating my cheeks.
Wondering where I was. Soon to find……
I was in city filled with glib drivers but unforgettable rides.
Quite streets that reveal its true identity to trusting strangers.
Shoeless boys with empty cups.
Complimentary smells, but no taste.
Minced toes, after walks that led to enticing conversations.
Unstable prices leading to breathless bargaining.
Raining days entrench with dreading humidity.
Men who cherish the art of infidelity.
Women intelligence hidden behind painted lips.
Yassa Poulet, Strawberries, Chocolate and Tarenga!


Music for the Soul

Kofi Olomide ( DR Congo)
Native of Congo who knows how to use sounds to entice the spirit. Music that makes you want to dance, or just relax…..

Takana Zion (Guinea, Conakry)
A French rebel, who music speaks about unity and ones’ place in the world. One of the few African musician still entice by the sound of old school reggae.

Youssou N’Dour (Senegal)
Music to feed the soul and mind. A nationalist who speaks about redemption, freedom, peace, and love. Many refer to him as the Bob Marley of Senegal.


Things to do in Dakar

No comments:

Post a Comment